Monday, March 9, 2009

It's been awhile...

It's been about a month since I have written to you all. Shame on me, but I am back in the mess called school. While having that to contend with work has been scheduling me for 3-4 days a week, and as if I don't have enough on my plate we re-enrolled Thing One into dance class.

Needless to say I haven't been shredding, but in keeping with the Lenten spirit I have given up chocolate, and I think that has helped me not to gain back any of the weight I have lost so far.

So I need to re-dive into my work out routine, I need to maintain a sensible diet and I need to get the last of this stubborn weight off my abdomen... Right after I get some studying done, after all I failed my first test..I know, I failed to mention that huh? I got a 59 on the lecture and a 91 on the lab, too bad the lab is only worth 7% of my grade. It's not all lost, I need an 82 or better on the next two tests to pass with a C+ which is completely doable. (If I can find time to study!)

I also had completed my "placement" test for my application to the nursing program, I got a 78.2 on that, which considering the schools average is 73, I will be satisfied with that grade, although I had wanted higher. So now I just sit and wait to see if I am accepted or not.

We got our taxes done, I am happy to say it will ease our financial burdens that we currently have, it won't get rid of them by any means, but it will help ease us up a bit.

We hit a local maple sugar farm a few weekends ago. That was pretty interesting, a little boring for the kids, but the free maple sugar lolly pops were a hit!

This was her first lolly pop!

All in all things are busy as usual. Thing One is completely potty trained and also sleeping in a big girl bed, while Thing Two has almost all of her baby teeth and can run all over the house, and climb just about everything- quite literally!

Thing One proudly sitting on her new bed!


1 comment:

Amanda said...

I miss you. I don't know why, but I feel sooooo far away from you. I know it's just my mind playing tricks. =P I'm glad everything seems to be going well for you guys! Tell Thing One I'm proud of her!!