Thursday, July 24, 2008

What a Day

There was so much to do today I feel overwhelmed and drained, mentally and physically. I am not sure what happened, but I reached a point today where I just shut down, I was done, all I wanted was to sit and be left alone.
My day started with needles and long unnecessary car rides, then I came home to an overtired Thing One who decided today was a day where she was going to either be really great, or really trying! Thing Two just hung around and was quiet until Thing One started acting up before bed, then they went into co-hoots and ganged up on me! The nerve! Both kids screaming, both not wanting to be comforted, and both not wanting to go to bed. UGH!
All I wanted at that point was a silence, and I was the farthest thing from it. But here I am, I made it out alive, an hour or so later with homemade cookies and silence in which to devour them! Another day survived.

No comments: